TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Africa & Middle East
Travel Discussion Forum

Jasmine

At what age does a girl get married in Egypt???

1) at what age does a girl get married in Egypt??
2) would Egyptian men like to marry Egyptian or American?
3) if the lady gets married, would the husband like it better if she stays home??

Check our article section Travel Tips
Courchevel: Paradise for Snow Fiends
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Ruby
jasmine, it varies but u will see most girls getting married btwn the ages of 18-25. after 25 they wud think its time to hurry up and find a suitor quick before it's too late hehe. I think Egyptian men prefer Egyptian women but there can be some exceptions. About working, it really differs from a husband to another. some prfer if she stays at home and not work, some dont mind it and like it when their wives work

Moonrise
legally , at the age of 16. but every girl has different circumstances.most girls marry at the age of 21 after they complete their education.
most egyptian men marry egyptian women. they share the culture, the background, the social standards. the religion. etc.
but if a man falls in love with an american who shares his feelings, he marries her without any obstacles .
the husband may or may not like it better that his wife stays at home.
it's up to the mentality , the abilities , the financial situation, the education, the specialization of both husband and wife.

Kalooka
1) Location (regional) dependent..(people living in the suburbs considers a girl reaching 18 as we consider a girl in her 30's..NO JOKE!)

2) Culture dependent..

3) Cultural, financial, social dependent

•*´`*♥Valencia♥*´`*•
The youngest I've known of is 12

Egyptians like American women, but alot of them follow tradition and marry and Egyptian girl that his parents have picked out for them

Usually Egyptian men, like their wives's to stay home and raise the kids. They bring home the money and you follow the wifely duty :)

joshadair_07
i would have to say between the age of 1 and 100

rand
Maybe for 18 to late 30's. I guess egyptian men like all kinds a girls. Staying @ home "not really" Egyptian men are very loving and outgoing. I have friends that are Egyptian.

samy n
in village thir is no determined age but can be when girl grown up from 16 years in towns age has rise because girls go to universty it became after25years thy like american as a new things for them third point depend on the income of the husband if he is rich it is easy to stay home if she wishedin poor families both income essentially for family

TK
Well, I'm Middle Eastern and know a lot about the culture of Egypt.

1) You have to be the age of 14 to be married in Egypt although it might've changed, I'm 99% sure its 14 years old.

2) Egyptian men prefer Egyptian women but in the end, it all really comes down to their taste. Since Egypt is a muslim-based country, the men would want to marry a muslim woman.

3) A Egyptian husband would most likely want his wife to stay at home and do the daily house chores, as most Middle Eastern women are. America is much more understanding of women working than the Middle East.

I hope this helped!

Psycho
w ana elli kont ba7seb el masryeen bas elli byefto...

Gigi (i wish i could)
21 the minumum and the number goes up all the time

2) yes

3) well want my advice do not leave ur work because of ur husband

I am on the single bench again..
WHAT I THINK ABOUT 15 OR 16 THE REST I DONT KNOW........

west.ham_utd
What ever age they want to get married DUHHHHHHH

margarita
I think 12

It depends on the guy

IDK

greengo
It depends on the religion
If strict Islam, age 9 is okay to marry.
If more moderate, must be past puberty, at least 13.
If more secular, then 18.
In the stricter Islam, women can't go out without a man to accompany them. Egypt is more liberal in this way compared to Saudi Arabia.
Egyptians like to marry a non-Muslim woman, that automatically converts the woman and children.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel