TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

auqukuh

Can I bring a pair of scissors on a plane?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel App of the Week: Waygo
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Duff
you can bring scissors with you so long as they qualify under tsa regulations <you can read it on the link i've attached>. I am pretty sure blunt edge (safety scissors) are ok and scissors under 4 inches in blade length are ok.

jean marc l
are you crazy or what?just think before you ask

?
no... they will take it from you....

Czech_Mark
yes you can but they must have a rounded point go to www.tsa.gov for a complete list of what is allowed and what is not ~ happy flying!

m_harvery
negative

EMAILSKIP
As long as you're not late for your flight....you shouldn't run with scissors, you know...Well, that's what Mother always said and in a way, a flight attendent is like a Mother.

seer1213
not this year, or any forseeable time in the future.

jak
No
My small scissors were taken

My scissors were the small fold up kind and they still took them

Felix S
No, that's like asking if you could take a knife on a plane. If your not even allowed to take finger nail clippers what would make you think you could take scissors? Why would you need scissors on a plane anyway? That's a little scary!

start 6-22-06 summer time Mom
NO, they took my Mom's nail klippers, so the first
answer here is correct!

kit
No. Any thing that is sharp is to be left at home.

Calina
Last I checked the blade has to be under 4 inches, but to be on the safe side, check with the airline. The rules are changing frequently these days.

tonalc1
Nope.

Here's the list of prohibited items:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

my_cat_rocks
nope, unless you want them taken away by security....i lost some very good small scissors that way...

Miss Fayeness
No. They took away my tweezers...so I doubt a pair of scissors will be permitted on board... >.<

bbwg_hbic
of course not...why would u want to anyway???

catherine
no i don't think so, at least not anymore since 9-11 incident; airports are getting very strict on what you can bring on planes these days; if you are planning a flight any time soon i would call up the airport you are departing from and ask them to give a list of items not allowed on plane. hope this helps you out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel