TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

killertomato

Can I bring honey on an airplane?

It's in a glass jar, bigger than 3 ounces.
Additional Details
Since everyone is so curious, it's for a Christmas gift! It's really good honey. Got that, Jess M.?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Bucket List Travel - Where Would you Rather Go?
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Neil
You can put it in your checked baggage. Warning: Put it in a heavy duty ziplock bag, to contain the honey if the jar leaks or, worst case, gets broken. And pack it well so it doesn't get broken.

Bring it on with you, no. It's a liquid.

ethansma24
If you are checking bags, you can put it in your checked luggage. If you aren't checking bags, unfortunately, it's a liquid. Since it's over 3 oz, I'm afraid you can't bring it with you.

Your other option would be to ship it.

Andy Biker
Maybe you could take a swarm of bees on instead?

Caitlin C
no liquids bigger than 3 ounces on your carry-on, but you can bring as much as you want in your luggage.

cam57
No buy a smaller jar under 3 ounces.

Natalie
Nooo

I have the feeling there may be something in there...Im not trusting you with that..I read on a recent science discovery that the main ingredient in bombs is mostly honey so NO SIRybob you can absolutely NOT bring honey!!!! Are you crazy???

Kelly T
who tries to bring honey on a plane? you must be a terrorist!!! only joking, they made throw out my contact less solution because it was more than three ounces, but then then next agent let me carry on a full bottle of cologne which i forgot i had....so it seems like a huge joke to me

tonalc2
Just piling on here--you can check it (pack it carefully!), but it will not be allowed as carry on.

Jess M
Why do you need to take it on a plane?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel