TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

Thyroid

Can you fly within the EU with just a photo drivers license?

stupid question but i'm sure I heard this somewhere. Apparently it was introduced recently???????????

Check our article section Travel Tips
It's All Christmassy!
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

kaz
no as far as I know you need a full british passport cost £66 to travel within the EC. It is also the best sort of ID for internal flights (domestic) as well.

Ray P
No, easyjet even want a passport for flying within the UK.

popeye
No you cannot. Even with internal flights within EU countries there may be people who were originally from outside of the EU using those flights as hop-overs. Therefore everybody is required to carry their passport.

Servette
If you are US citizen, the answer is YES. You don't need anything else

David W
As someone else said, if you are a citizen of a country that signed the Schengen treaty, you can fly between Schengen countries using a national ID card. But since the UK did not sign the Schengen treaty and we don't have national ID cards [yet], you will just have to get a passport.

suki doo
No absolutely not

Mr X
i work for British Airways so i know that the answer is NO. The only way you can travel on a drivers license, is on a domestic flight (i,e, within the UK only)

b_i_l_l2002
Not unless you are flying from one Schengen country to another. The UK is not a Schengen country, so you need a passport.

hads
you can only fly internally in the uk with only a drivers license,anywhere else outside the uk you need a passport.

The Tank
No.
You need a ticket and your passport if you're flying across UK borders.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel