TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

tanya h

Do I still check in at the counter for a boarding pass if I bought my airline tickets on line?

This is the first time I have bought tickets online. Also I am flying Southwest Airlines

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel Tips for Senior Travelers
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

MrGin
You DO need a boarding pass. You can go to the counter if you have bags to check in but if you only have carry on bags you may proceed to the gate and check in there. However, it will be MUCH easier if you just go on Southwest.com and type in your reservation code to print out your boarding pass. If you want to save ink, there are also machines right before you go through the metal detectors where you can print out your boarding pass. Get there early because there are no assigned seats...it's first come, first serve!

Mike R
You can do that, yes. That's what I always do (I fly almost 100 times a year although never on Southwest). You can also print your boarding pass online from the Southwest Airlines website, if you have a printer, although this only really saves time if you're not checking luggage.

G Dogg
yes

Winette
You can print your boarding pass online... pretty much guaranteed to get in the A group.

mmuscs
If you check in on line, print your boarding at home and don't have any luggage to check then you can skip the ticket counter. If you have luggage to check then you will still need to go by the counter to check it in.

jaylondon
yes you will still need to check-in at the airport as usual.

Enjoy your flight

cjdtucson
You can check in online up to 24 hours prior to your departure time. You will be able to print your boarding pass. If you have carry on bags only you can go straight to the gate. If, however, you have bags to check, you go to the bag drop counter rather than stand in the line to check in. Overall, online check in is a much better option.

seancu2005
Depends. Now a days you can check in online with some airlines. If you've done that, printed a boarding pass out, you can go right to security and to the gate to board the plane!

gill
IVE BOOKED THRU ONLINE AGENT OUR FLIGHTS ARE WIV MONARCH AIRLINES WHICH ARE TICKETLESS IM TAKING A GROUP OF FRIENDS DO WE STILL NEED BOARDING PASSES FROM HOME COMPUTER OR DO WE GET THEM WHEN WE CHECK IN AT DESK WIV LUGGAGE

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel