TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

Everything Happens For A Reason!

Do you have to take an I.D to fly on a plane?

Do you know if you have to take a student I.D if your gonna go on a Plane on vacations????

Thanks

Check our article section Travel Tips
Ready to Go to Bali?
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Very happily married.
Yes.

kris
if you are under 19 years of age or just traveling within the united states you need an acceptable for of identification so you need either: birth certifacate, drivers license and or yes a student I.D.

tonalc2
International travel requires a passport. Domestic travel requires an ID.

However, as of last month the TSA made it possible to fly without ID; as long as you are willing to fill out a form and wait for them to check you in their database.

Erin
Most airports you need a photo ID before they even let you through the gates

cireengineering
All commercial airlines require proper identification.

*that_girl*
yes you do!

English Beauty- baby 2 due 23Oct
u need ur passport... thats ur i.d. sweetie!

and no u wont need ur student i.d.

Pamela
I believe that you need some sort of government issued photo id (driver's license etc) or definitely a passport for flying internationally.

sltydgx
you have to have a picture id...you may need an official id check with the airline that you are flying with...peace

KK
Not a student ID but a state ID or driver's license.

reekaaguas
You won't have to bring a student I.D. but you will have to bring an I.D. card so that the airport attendants can make sure the name on the I.D. card matches the name on the flight reservations.

gehttogirl
You have to have some kind of I.D that shows your age. It all depends on your age.

*Twilighter*
If you are 16 or over you will have to show your drivers license or some sort of identification, so a student I.D. would be acceptable. However if you are under the age of 16, even if you have a learners permit, you will not be required to show it.

aardvark000
If it's only for domestic flights. If it's out of the country, you will need a passport. I don't know about a student ID, though. You might need a driver's license or state issued ID.

JODIE_A.
Yes...always carry an I.D. You will have to show verification that you are who you say you are. If you are traveling to another country, you will always need a passport. Security measures are following more closely now due to the 911 attacks.

the_necromancess
YES, YES, YES you can't get on a plane anymore without ID. In fact, I would bring two these days. They have no problems not letting you on the plane even if its in the US if you don't have ID to prove you are the person on the ticket.

castedlady
Definitely! Drivers license if you have one is best, but if not old enough, student ID bearing your photo is good.

Dj Hittmen
two peices of I.D's and one has to be a picture is ( Government issue like Driver's licence or school ID )

beatnikprodigy
It depends on where you're going. Though, it's ALWAYS a good idea to bring identification. If you're flying out of country you'll also need a passport, and as of last year Canada requires passports as well.

I don't remember the whole story, but when my mom was a child she ended up having to fly back home to get her ID because she left it. I don't know how it worked but she ended up on the plane a lone.

So, just keep it with you! :)

bestboi_98
it is a must to have your ID they check it after you check in your luggage in addition at security check points and if you don't have they won't let you through so you must have one unless being an unacompanied minor which they don't have ID's yet

Leo
yes, they usually need to verify your ticket and the name

Dan
Drivers license as alternate ID and a passport

ANNA<3
passports yuppp ..

Calamity?
You just take your passport.

inyoung.minwooe
Yes, you will need your I.D.

baby.brew
Yes. Call your airline customer service if you have any further questions.

Ashley
i have no idea but you have to have a passport because i have been to many flys

SAMBA_PA_TI_2000
yes you do and if you're going to travel to another country, you'll need a passport stating your citizenship.

Tami D
yea, if you have a Driver's License or a passport that would be best. just make sure that your ID has your picture on it.

hollowman2646
Yeah you should always have your i.d. with you. They check before you go through secrurity.

?ilovehim?
Uh...

duh.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel