TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

kiaSis3lovestodd

How long would it take to drive to Hawaii?

Flying makes me sick to my stomach and I am afraid of heights.

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel Tips for Senior Travelers
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

autumnfaerie8
Is this a test to see how many people actually try to answer? If it is, then good one; if it's not... you need to go back to school.

Juicy
you'd never make it

oksana_rossi
12 gallons

Jackieinphilly
Well you'd have to get a car that turns into a boat. Otherwise driving to hawaii is out of the picture

tgob
Uh, there's an ocean in the way.

elenanita
Maybe you could row your car there. Might take you a while. Then your car will not work. There is no bridge from here to Hawaii.

ML
can't

wonder
uuum...Hawaii is an island; ergo no road only ocean. You can fly or go by boat.

bade_at_midnight
I don't know where you are right now, but drive to California, then take a boat to Hawaii.

Gwenhwyvar
You 'd have to wait until a bridge or a tunnel was built...

Ledzeppelin324
to bad u can't drive there, there is the sea in ur way, do u mean like buy boat

Susie
maybe they could build a bridge or a tunnel, that's the only way I would go. Hate airplanes and not to keen on ships either.

Always Underestimated
You can't drive straight there because Hawaii is surrounded by water and there is no bridge or direct way to get there by automobile. You could possibly drive to California and then take a boat over or have a nice cruise ship vacation to there.

cynthetiq
pretty long, considering youd have to get your car across the ocean floor

Mariposa
They haven't built a road to Hawaii yet, so you'll have to take a boat if flying bothers you. If they ever do build a bridge, we'll have to know where you're cominig from to tell you the time distance.

Miss U
LOL! Unless your car miraculously turns into some form of a floatation device, I think you'd be better off in a boat!

Wizzard2
ship or swim

Kia Sister 1- DUCK
Okay so like I totally just bought me a new hummer and the dealer told me that it has all these coll new features just like the batmobile. And that is is air tight in water so that the army can drive it under the water. So if you want to you and I could totally drive there together. I have this map thingy in the car and it will show us how to get there, and if we get lost I have OnStar. But first we have to go to the bank and change all our money for Hawaii Money.

Anyway I dont fly anymore because I like can't do my nails on the plane anymore and I don't think I can have my Ipod on there either or my propane curling iron. I am so ready to drive.

bleacherbrat34
ROW, ROW, YOUR BOAT, GENTLY DOWN THE STREAM........

by the way most polits are afriad of heights.

?babygirl?
hahahahaha......that was a good one.....

expatturk
There are 10 to 16 day cruises from the mainland (Vancouver, Los Angeles, Ensenada) that can take you one way or roundtrip.
See www.7blueseas.com

chance
Hawaii is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean which is the largest, widest ocean in the world. You obviously cannot drive there. Even Hawaiians take planes to the different islands that make up the State of Hawaii. We commute to work by subway or bus. Some Hawaiians fly to neighboring island daily for work.
The best transportation means for you is to travel to Hawaii by SHIP. Don't know where you live, but I'm sure that you can drive to the pier where the ship will sail to Hawaii.

goddessofchaos50
You can always go by boat or cruise ship.... I don't think you will be getting to far if you try driving to Hawaii... not because I doubt you as a driver, but because the Pacific Ocean will try to get in your way... it has a tendency to get in the way of anyone trying to drive to Hawaii... which I think is unfair... but we can always try to lobby against that antagonist Pacific Ocean so it will stop getting in the way...

However, if you are a great swimmer why don't you just try breaking a world record??? it could be fun.. well the only downside is that if you encounter a Great White Shark that might be an issue... you may not make it there in one piece.. maybe not even in two... but perhaps in several pieces inside the shark's tummy (talk about getting a free ride)... imagine the stories you could tell your grandchildren (ohh yeah.. dying kinds of put a damper on that)...

Good luck!!!

Pichi
About as long as it takes to walk up the Niagra Falls.

avocadoadam
well try and tell me how it went.. im guessing about 3 days if you can drive there.. u can stop at a boat rest i guess if u needed to stay the night.

Pandak
If you drove the 3500 miles to Hawaii from the west coast, it would take you several days driving almost full time. However, you have one little problem--Hawaii is 3500 miles from land, and is over water, so you'll need to get a boat and sail over there in probably a couple of weeks or months (but since you don't even know that you can't drive to Hawaii, my guess is that you'd never make it but would be lost at sea forever).

missaboo
you cant drive there you can only fly

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel