TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

Popotitozz

Weight allowed for Luggage per person on a flight?

During the check in process, I would like to know how much weight is allowed per person for luggage for a flight from the U.S to Chile. Airlines is Aerolineas Argentinas.
The airport for departure is Miami International Airport.

Check our article section Travel Tips
Dark Tourism - Between Fear and Curiosity
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

kdube151
i think 70 pounds

James L
This can vary by airline and flight. You should call the airline.

inaru816
Two pieces up to 32kg each (70 lbs). See middle of page below.

numb3r_0n3_idiot
It depends on the airline...on Continental airline's website I found out that if you are in the:

Economy class, you can have either 2 checked bags weighing maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) each bag or 2 boxes instead of the 2 checked bags weighing maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) each box

OnePass Elite Members Economy Class, you can have either 2 checked bags weighing maximum 70 lbs (32 kg) each bag or 2 boxes instead of the 2 checked bags weighing maximum 70 lbs (32 kg) each box

First class/ Business class, you can have either 3 checked bags weighing maximum 70 lbs (32 kg) each bag or 3 boxes instead of the 3 checked bags weighing maximum 70 lbs (32 kg) each box

Here's the website that I got this information from:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-us/con...

This is only for continental airlines, I'm not sure if it applies to other airlines, it is best to check with your airline either online (website) or by phone or check with your travel agent

However, I think this applies to your airline because when I checked on the website, I found out that you would have to pay for excess baggage if the weight of the baggage was between 32 kg and 77 kg. Here's the website http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/ar/index_en.asp?pais=us&idi=en&secc=4&subs=7&tipo=E

If you are in economy class, I would say the maximum weight is 50 lbs, however I don't know if you're allow to have two baggages...

Good luck!

Travel_assistant
By Piece System

Allows the transport of a fixed amount of pieces, on the basis of a pre-fixed volume and weight, out of which a charge should be paid for excess luggage.
This system, used in some countries as the USA, Australia and New Zealand, permits each passenger to carry, without charge:

Economic Class = Quantity 2 (two) checked suitcases (pieces) Weight up to 32 kilograms weight each. Dimension the sum of the three dimensions of each piece must not exceed 158 cm. Between both no must exceed 273 cm.

Collin
I think along with weight, you get two bags per person...

Handsome 3K
50 lbs

em
50 lbs. is the maximum for Miami International.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel