TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Air Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

Jackie M

how much does it cost to fly a dog on a plane if I carry him on?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Discovering the Beauty of the Dominican Republic
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Shelley L
Depends on the airline. Some allow pets under 10 lbs in the cabin with you. You must keep them in an approved crate that fits under the seat in front of you. (you can't take them out during flight).

Doing this costs anywhere from $40 - $200, depending on the flight.

Otherwise, you have to send them in baggage - in a crate, you can find all this information on the airlines websites.

BTW.. they only allow a 1 or 2 dogs per flight, Some airlines allow you to pre book. Some don't.. so you could show up at the airline and not be allowed on your flight with your pet if others arrived before you.

Check with your airline and destination.

Gongju K
If your dog is small and will fit in a carrier under the seat infront of your then you can carry your dog on to the plane.
the costing depends on the airline. It costs well over 150 dollars on average.

If it's a large dog then you will have to put them in the cargo bin unfortunately. I don't know the cost of that since i have a small dog.

You will also need a health certificate within a month of the plane ride from the vet.

cm4cm56973
call the airlines to get the details you need. but if i remember right, you will need all up to date shots and vet records, also a clearance letter from the vet. and if the airlines allow you to "carry on" your pet, you will have to buy a seat/ticket as a regular passenger for your pet.
but like i said..call the airlines to get the answers you need.

Dan
Jackie, it depends on the airline. The cost will be between $100 and $200 each way.

Regards,
Dan

aussieamerican
About as much as a white cane and a pair of dark glasses. $40 max.

tchevy89
You can't carry a dog on a plane.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel