TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Asia Pacific
Travel Discussion Forum

annabelle p

Do any of you believe that if you sweep your floor at night, you are sweeping away lady luck from your house?

True or not.

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel App of the Week: Flight +
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Silly Jilly ♣
Because in the past, most people used only oil lamps as their light source, you can't see much with that amount of light. If you sweep at night you might be sweeping your valuable belonging away (earrings, change, etc.)

Upon waking up in the morning, do not pick up the egg you have just fried and deposit it on top of your alarm clock. This will result in your neighbour's cat giving birth to conjoined twins.

hepi♣dva
hey, i've heard the same thing too :) hahaaa...

Mad Cow
My mom always say don't sweep the floor after 6.30pm but than she'll go and sweep the compound........

I'dStillPreferNoName
Hello. It's Year 2008 now. If you're really unlucky then sucks to be you.

alisya
I thinks chinese people believe this but not all......however,maybe it's not true because to prevent people from sweeping at night.......

man
true the oldern ppl believe

gerardterranova
I don't

white_dove0902
no never believe such thing, i sweep the floor every night but yet i am truly blessed

lealullaby
naah~..i dont believe it....it's jz a superstitious and believed by our great ancestor...
yes,because they use oil lamp and so on..that is why they told us not to potong kuku at night..because cannot see the kuku and afraid that u will potong your jari..but now we have better electricity...can potong your kuku even using a torch lite~

lim
tak tau lor.i only know you can't sweep the floor during cny because you'll sweep the $ away.

Ryuzaki "L" The KiD
thats ot true.

Tan Sri Gabby
I heard it's during the first day of Chinese New Year haha.

Nah it's just superstitious. Some say if u cut ur nails on Friday night u'll lose ur bf/gf.

¡¡¡ ǝɯıʇ ʍoɥs sʇı
hey, i've heard the same thing too :) hahaaa...ahak ahak

# jangan la ...ouch ! ouch ! ..

Jeffy
^
wah..i've never heard of it leh..
only hears that
1st day of chinese new year - cannot sweep floor, cannot wash hair..[wash away the luck]
xmas day - my portugese mum in law say cannot sweep floor from morning till bout 3 pm.. why? i don't know...

madcow : hehehe

Alex B
I have never tried sleeping my floor at night. The orgin of lady luck is "Lady Luck is a personification of luck that is often involved in gambler's superstitions" (Lady Luck)

Harley
No cause I don't believe in luck.

Neko
Nahhh.... Some says it is true, but for me it is'nt....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel