TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Asia Pacific
Travel Discussion Forum

corrave123

What kinds of money do the Philippines use? read rest of details please!?

I know they use pesos but what i mean is that we have tens, fives, ones, twenties but do they have that do they have thousands, hundreds, twenties, ones, fives PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE A REPORT if you could please name some websites also THANKS!!!!!!!!

Check our article section Travel Tips
Courchevel: Paradise for Snow Fiends
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

thethief
coins 1,2,5,10,50 notes 100,200,500,1000 ..... also centimes as part of peso 5,10,25,50

dplast55
OK, here ya go - it's peso as you said or spelled in Tagalog or Philipino, piso. The peso or piso is broken down into 100 centavos. Bank notes are in denominations of 10, 20, 100, 500, 1000 and 2000 peso's. Coins come in 10 and 25 centavos (c) and 1 and 5 peso's. Pretty confusing and it gets even more confusing when your home curacy is US dollars and the exchange is 51 peso's to a dollar.

Tropic-of-Cancer
This is the latest: Notes come in denominations of: P20 P50 P100 P200 P500 P1000 The P10 note is still in use but the P10 coin is replacing it rapidly though both are currently scarce. Coins: 5 centavos 10centavos & 25 centavos P1 P5 P10 There is talk of replacing the P20 note with a P20 coin, but it hasn't happened yet. There have been many changes over the years, and the above is the current position. Oh and the P200 note is about as popular as a dog in a cattery.

racsiv27
they are right, they also accept U.S. Dollars some places, and Visa and such.

ria_gurl
We use Philippine Pesos. 100 centavos = 1 peso Denominations: (coins) 5 centavos 10 centavos 25 centavos 1 peso 5 pesos 10 pesos (paper) 20 pesos 50 pesos 100 pesos 200 pesos (rare) 500 pesos 1,000 pesos Hope this helps.

salamatmahalkita
centimes and pesos

Wing Hopper
I'm a Filipino... These are our money... Our currency is the Philippine PESO. We have coins of these values: 5 Cents (Singko Sentimos) 10 Cents (Diyes Sentimos) 25 Cents (Betsingko) 50 Cents (Singkwenta Sentimos) 1 Peso (Piso) 5 Pesos (Singko) 10 Pesos (Diyes) We have paper bills of these values: P5 (already phase out) P10 (Some still use these paper bill instead of the coin) P20 P50 P100 P200 P500 P1000 That's the best I can give you. I hope you grant me the best answer. mwahahaha =) lol

Keishane
there are coins and paper bills here in the philippines. the coins are: 5 centavos 10 centavos 25 centavos 1 peso 5 pesos 10 pesos the paper bills are: 10 pesos 20 pesos 50 pesos 100 pesos 200 pesos 500 pesos 1,000 pesos hope this could help ya

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel