TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Asia Pacific
Travel Discussion Forum

magnifique

what does APA KABAR mean?

apa kabar Apa Kabar? the audible from indonesia! on yahoo messenger aka it is the kitty lmao! wut is this APA KABAR?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Top 10 Best Hotels in the U.S.
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

doc
Its actually 'apa khabar' and its a malay word.It means 'how are you' .

NaSrIn nAsRen
Indonesia and Malaysia came from d same root basically. we have a very close relationship. it is so to d language. Indonesia- Apa kabar? Malaysia- Apa khabar? d translation in english is 'how are u?' or 'how do u do?'

aaadsdsasdfdfgfd18
how u?

Gishele
apa kabar ? mean how r u? when we meet someone in the street or ask by phone ...or mail its like first greeting ...

Enightenedhedon
how yah? Como estas? Comment ca va? Wie gehts dir? Kumusta?

cutebluesea18
Apa kabar = How Are You Kabar Baik = fine

bhupen
Well let me think what it means. Well, One of my indonesian friend taught me a few words. I know they were aku chintang kamu, makan and appa khabar. Now, which one is which? I know makan was what i used to tell him before eating my food. Makan means eat, right? Now, is aku chintang kamu = what's up? or is it appa khabar? I am confused. Now which one means i love you ?. Huh? My head is spinning real bad! Oh yes! I remember what's up has to be "appa khabar" or i will have a fit with my friend. Tell me that my friend did not teach me a bad word. Bagus for fine, ok? That's all.. we used to sing "{marah} boss" that word repeatedly when our boss got mad at us for no reasons. But he never knew the meaning and it was so much fun! He always had {angry} face-the real boss!

Therese :)
"apa kabar" means "how are you?" :) and if you want to say "i'm fine",you can say "baik" "not good" = "buruk". but you don't normally hear this, as most Indonesians always answer "baik", even though they aren't very fine. lol! PS: ^ "aku cinta kamu" = "i love you"

girliegirl
apa kabar = how do you do? or how are you? saya baik-baik saja, terima kasih = i'm fine, thanks i love you = saya cinta kamu

Papilio_troilus
how are you

Endie vB
Kabar: means "news" (surat kabar = newsletter / newspaper) Apa: means "what" or "what is" Litteraly apa kabar means: What's the news / what's new But as the others here already said, it is the expression for "how are you"

miserable
it means 'how are you?'

Andrew
Apa Kabar means How are you... If,someone asking you this, you can answer Baik-Baik saja which means I'm fine... plus "Terima Kasih" which means Thank you... It means people are greeting you and welcoming you... :->

TELE-POST
It means 'how are you?'.

orang_padang
How Are You

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel