TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Australia
Travel Discussion Forum

I P

How long does it take to fly to austrlia from the uk?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Festival Packing Tips
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

sosgez
About 12-13 hours to Singapore, then 1.5-2hr wait, and another 8 hours to Melbourne. Its about 1 hour longer coming back cos you're not assisted by the jet stream.
That was BA/Qantas.

With emirates there was a stop in Bahrain (I think for 1-2 hrs). It was 28 hours from London to Bah to Syd to Melbourne. Never again!

benmcomer
well depends on how many legs u do it would if you go straight maybe 12 hours but I am no expert. I just fly on lots of long flights

~funkymonkey~
19 hours

cubalishus
We flew from Manchester to Singapore which took 13 hours then from Singapore to Melbourne which took 7 hours, we had an overnight stop in Singapore to break our journey.

rock star
23 hours non stop
i think ;-)

financing_loans
What part of aussie land? Perth or sydney? Well eitherway its about 18-22 hours from start to finish. Maybe 16-18 hours of actually flight time.

tuppenybitz
depending on what route you take you can bank on taking around 20-26

Daisyhill
12 hours to singapore and then 8 to oz.

tristar
about 20 minutes in the shuttle

alienaviator
If you go without any stop-overs, just a refueling stop in Singapore or Bankok, then London (Heathrow) to Sydney is between 21.5 to 24 hours, depending on wind, delays etc.

I once flew from Sydney to Rome with a connecting flight at Vienna, and it took exactly 24 hours (almost to the minute!)

((LOON))
when i went in 1990 it was 23 hours!!
Heathrow-stop in Singapore for 2 hours-Then SYDNEY!! Oh i miss the place!!

newftvlgirl
From London to Sydney aprox 20hrs

with diamonds
You can reckon with about 25-27 hours or so, you may even have to stopover, so it could be longer.

jennifer h
you can say roughly 22 hours but that depends on which airline you take . and how long they stop for refuelling or disembarking passengers and taking more. Its so nice to have a stop over somewhere. I've stopped over in various countries some at no extra cost. I've always been given a nice hotel and it's so interesting having a look at another culture . so ask your travel agent for the options.

bmbrown22
Really long

Karen P
think its about 23 hrs if ur stopping over

jeff
it takes around 13 hours on plane.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel