TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Canada
Travel Discussion Forum

Can a convicted felon travel to Canada?

Want to take a fishing trip to Canada. I have a passport. I'm a felon (flee+elud). I want to know if i can travel to Canada and back with out any problems because i've heard that if your a felon you cant leave the country. Is that true?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Best Ski Resorts in Europe
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

jeffrey m
hopefully they ID you. if they do, you ain't getting in with that on you're record. and rightfully so. if you lack respect in the law to flee+elude your police, we SURE AS HELL don't want YOU here.

your friends are invited, but YOU can't come. stay the **** out of my home!!!

Theoreticallly, it "can" happen that you will make it through. Even with a passport, Canada Border Services WILL usually run a check on your identity in their system. If you have a prior conviction, you can be refused entry.

Best bet...apply for a pardon to enter Canada, if you eligible. There are fees involved. These are a small fee compared to a lost vacation in Canada to get all that way and be turned away though. The links I gave will help you see if you can come here and the processes involved.

Jak K
I've heard of people having trouble flying through Canada. I think one was a DWI or DUI.

yes i believe if u r a felon you cannot leave the country unless specially approved by ur country and the one u r entering

If you have a valid passport ... I would assume you can leave the country ... but I don't know the law on that.

Here is the information in regards to going to Canada:
This should help answer your questions.

best s
no its not true, you can go

Grand pa
no but check with immigration to be sure

a convicted felon would not be allowed into Canada you will be sent back by customs. we don't want foreign felons in Canada any ways bad for our image. ain't they got any fish that are still alive in the USA

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations