TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Canada
Travel Discussion Forum

work 4 self

Can a person with a felon in the US move to Canada?

I've heard that you can't move to Canada if you have felon. How true is this? Also, is moving from US to Canada a smart move for an African-American? What are the best cities in Canada?

Check our article section Travel Tips
5 Free Things to Do in Bucharest
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

drgoodhi
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN LEGALLY MOVE TO CANADA IF YOU HAVE A FELONY CONVICTION BUT I TEND TO THINK THAT YOU CAN'T. AS FAR AS CITIES, I'D GO TO TORONTO

TheDave
Three words HAVE AT YOU!!!!

southrntrnzplnt
No, canada will not allow entry for anyone with felonies in the US. A friend of mine is a truck driver and can not get clearance to enter to drive through Canada, one of his misdemeanors in the US is considered a felony there and they will not allow him to enter, even for business purposes. If the time has been long enough, appeal to the Sherrif's Office that you were charged in to see if your record can be exspunged. You have to have a clean record between now and the time you were charged and there has to be a considerable amount of time between then and now.

domegurl
no. The only way they can move is the person has to have a legitimate reason( job, etc.). Then the person has to be approved by their probation officer.

hhhhhw
All criminals can stay there thanks . We have enough allready .

Timothy Summer
I don't think the Canada Government will issue an immigrantion visa for a US felon. You can be a illegal immigrant though.

peta_wabbit
you would need to get a pardon, depending on the type of felony. assuming you got a pardon, Canada is pretty tolerant Halifax - has had a population since slave era and the underground railroad / loyalists fleeing the States Montreal - large population mostly French speaking from Africa, Haiti, that sort of thing Toronto - large population mostly Trinis and Jamaicans Vancouver - mostly Asian, in fact so rare is a black man around these parts that its actually kind of a status thing! .. so if you can get a pardon, Van's your best bet..

gippy
nanananana you can come here!! Lucky us!

Gail M
Nope you can't move here sorry, and if you did get a chance to move here Alberta is the best place to be here in Canada. They are looking for skilled and unskilled workers especially in the trades. But if you are looking for a big city with a huge variety of ethnic groups living in it I would try Toronto

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel