TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Canada
Travel Discussion Forum

jack malone

What's the bible belt in Canada?

Which provinces frm the bible belt in Canada?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Discover Ohio
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Alicja
We don't really have a Bible Belt, although Alberta has the reputation of a more religiously extremist, right-wing province.

Kate
I'd say that Alberta is the most conservative province, but then again enough Canadians voted in the horrifying Federal Conservative Party, so there are obviously conservative/religious people all across the country.

The Muse
Well down this site there's reference to Bible Belts outside the U.S. Canada is included.

http://www.answers.com/topic/bible-belt

Choqs
I'd venture a guess and say Alberta or Saskatchewan. I live close to the border of these 2 provinces and there are an awful lot of churches. In my area we have the highest number of churches per capita in Alberta. I read that somewhere and they even have tours of the churches.

cavis_kertz
In Canada, the term is sometimes used to describe several disparate regions which have a higher than average level of church attendance. These include the majority of rural southern Alberta and Saskatchewan, parts of southern Manitoba, the Fraser Valley of British Columbia, the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia and the Saint John River Valley of New Brunswick

Louie J
British Columbia - Outside Metro Vancouver and into the interior of the province
Alberta - Everywhere except downtown Edmonton
SK/MB - Everywhere outside the cities
Ontario - Especially southern Ontario (surrounding Toronto from Windsor up to Ottawa)
Quebec - Outside Montreal and even that is not THAT religious
Atlantic provinces - Not sure
NL - Not sure

As you can see, there is no one "belt"

Marie
we dont have a bible belt per say. Each province has its own bible belt, depending on the area.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel