TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Caribbean
Travel Discussion Forum

greenie

Does Belize belong to North America?

I just found a $160 RT ticket to Belize. Is a passport required to go to Belize? (from the US mainland). Or is it part of the united states? Thank you!

Check our article section Travel Tips
Discovering the Beauty of the Dominican Republic
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

LivingDownSouth
Information about entering Belize can be found at the following site.

Leroy
NO. Belize does not belong to the U.S. It is a sovereign nation. Yes, you will need a passport to go there. Belize is in central america.

Cilantro
Belize isn't part of the US. You do need a passport. The only Island/Counrty in the Carribean that doesn't require a passport for US citizens is Puerto Rico.

jamers
Hello,

Belize is part of Central America, but to me, it looks like its still part of North America. I believe you do need a passport.

Torie
First, Belize is another country.

2, Canada, the U.S., & Mexico are in North America.

3, Belize is in Central America.

4, You need a passport to leave the U.S. and Belize and any other country. You even need a passport to go to and from the U.S. territories, like Guam, Puerto Rico, & the U.S. Virgin Islands. The airlines started requiring passports of passsengers traveling from Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas back to the mainland U.S. via Honolulu so definitely this year so check with the airlines.

Obamas Shoes
Central America. Check in a travel guide about visas and shots. Hep A and B are good for that part of the world. Check for taxes on the ticket. It will prob be about double after fees.

MomSezNo
Wow - $160 RT to Belize! That's a great price. But you won't be able to use the ticket unless it has your name on it.

Belize is part of Central America and is an independent country. [You could find out lots of info by doing a search on the internet or by consulting a guidebook.] You would need a passport to fly back to the US, to get into Belize and you would probably also need a visa of some kind to get into Belize. The islands of Belize are beautiful; the country itself is very poor in general.

joyceejackson
if looking at a map it sits central which gives it the nick name central america. it is however a country in the continent of north america. the continent of north america is home to canada, USA, majority of caribbean islands, mexico and remainder of central countries such as belize, elsavador, guatemala, etc... since belize is another country and not a US Territory a passport is needed. a passport IS NOT NEEDED FOR US TERRITORIES SUCH AS PUERTORICO, GUAM, USVI, MARIANA ISLANDS & other unorganized US Territories. google for the list. $160.00? i thought i was queen of bargains? do tell where u got that deal from. i don't hear many people talking about taking a vaca to belize so as someone said, watch yourself. u will be much safer at a resort. and for safety's sake please sign up at this website. not mandatory but highly recommended. it is mandatory for military and govt personnel. i looked under travel warnings and alerts for you and did not see belize.

http://www.travel.state.gov/ look under international travel for us citizens. then click on registration with embassies. check out whatever else may interest you on that page especially Emergency assistance to americans abroad and Tips for traveling abroad .

google embassy of belize and retrieve documents like i did for the dominican republic. another website for belize documents is...
http://www.traveldocs.com/bz/embassy.htm

go to the embassy page of the country that you choose for example i w ent to the domincan republic last month here is that website. go to http://www.domrep.org/ once there go to embassy. under embassy click on embassy staff. print that page and put it in a safe place. also do the same thing for the consular section click on consular staff and print & put in safe place for that just in case of an emergency
have fun. if you get a chance, email me to let me know where you got the deal and if you had a good time there

Lindy R
its part of north america and a free country, but you do need a passport. if you stay for less than 3 months you dont need a visa either

stella39
Belize is in Central America.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/camerica.htm

The three biggest countries in North America are
USA
Canada
Mexico
and many small countries.

You will need a passport to go to Belize. It's becoming a very popular travel destination.

That is a great airline price. Good Luck to you)

StefB
no you need a ticket and fyi YOU CAN FLY IF YOUR NAME NOT ON THE TICKET AND PLUS YOU NEED LIKE THOUSANDS OF SHOT TO GO THERE

ghost
Central America, it's a dangerous area that is controlled by drug lords.

mrs.smith158
no.... It is not one of the 50 states.... It is part of South America.

Sleven
belize belongs to the USA. every country belongs to the usa because we are awesome. bow down before our greatness.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel