TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Caribbean
Travel Discussion Forum

In Jamaica, how old do you have to be to buy alchohal?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Richard Branson’s Tips for Business Travel
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Drinking is legally allowed at age 18, but it is not an issue for us at all. You can get a beer regardless of your age though and it is NOT because the storekeepers "want to make a quick buck!"

It is primarily because the majority of young Jamaicans do not drink in the way young Americans do. We would rather spend a night dancing than drinking.

U can be any age to buy anything in Jamaica once u have the money. We don't really care...that's just the general population. But with the resorts i'm sure it's different. The legal drinking age here is 18

Shayna xo
Legal age is 18, but I've bought alch there when I was like 13.

Sherona B
Do you mean legally? Well 18. But there is no hard and fast rules generally. Jamaicans are not drunks so it is not really an issue.

Any age. People are quick to give it to you since they wanna make money.

trust me, thats a non-issue...... alcohol will find you in jamaica

The Goddess
REALITY--whenever you want to have good

Jamaica is not about "getting drunk". Alcohol is RARELY abused and looked at as tasteless to not be able to hold your liquor..So the drinking age is not a problem because no one cares more or less..its not anyones TOP one needs a "fix"

Chairman Meow
The limit is 15, but outside of the major cities it's pretty much laissez-faire.

mickale b
Do you mean legally? Well 18. generally. Jamaicans are not drunks so it is not really an issue. our kids don't really go out of there way to indulge in alcohol and most resort offer alcohol yes but not to under aged kids not knowingly remember whenever u check in they always ask for your passport thats were they'll get ur age info so to speak and not all resorts are opened to under age either

The legal drinking age i.e the age you have to be to buy alcohol is 18. Of course there are loopholes in every system so there are places in Jamaica where you can get alcohol if you are underage as they just want to make the quick dollar!

Kaneka Majii
18 years of age, is the drinking age from what I remember.

Probly 18 .
unless youre going on vacation to a resort there =)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations