TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Caribbean
Travel Discussion Forum

Luv thy pets

What food would you find on a deserted island?

What types of fruit, nuts, edible plants, berries, even veggies, would you find on a tropical deserted island?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Discover Ohio
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

shuratio
coconuts for one...
pomegranate?

Stan
Goat berries

Tyler I Shanick
coconuts, bananas, fish, sea grapes (no related to the grape family at all) you could hunt small animals like lizards. there would be lots of plants that you could eat, some berries, mangoes, you could definitely survive if you know what to eat.

retiredroadie
It's a friggin' ISLAND... that means SEA FOOD just off the beach... plus any edible plants DEPENDING ON THE ISLAND... I've been on island that are COMPLETELY DESERTED... no vegetation or animals at all and I've been to islands that are a cornicopia of foods... but IT DEPENDS ON THE ISLAND...

If nothing else I can eat RATS... they seem to live about anywhere.

sgdtp17
Coconuts probably, maybe a banana tree if you see gorillas, some berries but make sure you wash em first. You might as well fight mushrooms. Poision ivy. Maybe mangos.

SiggySmalls
coconuts

rideAcowboy
Defiantly coconuts and bananas depending on where you island is located. But think about it. If the island is deserted, it's deserted for a reason. The food source is probably very slim and probably not healthy. Any berries are probably poisonous, veggies wouldn't survive on an island, and nuts might be hard to come across. Your best bet would be to eat the things with four or more legs! Good luck!

Bajan Princess =]
You would mainly find coconut trees and bannana tress! =)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel