TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Caribbean
Travel Discussion Forum

Timothy R

Where is the safest place to live in puerto rico?

I wanna live in a safe part but be able to have a really fun night life!

Check our article section Travel Tips
Discovering the Beauty of the Dominican Republic
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

rockandlola
PR in general is very safe. Although it has a high % of criminality, it's almost exclusively related to drug trafficking and the chances to be in the middle of such scene are very low, even for the locals.

There are many questions that need to be answered in order to give you great advice but, I can suggest you consider this towns:

Rincon
Luquillo
Cabo Rojo

Darth Eugene Vader
I not remember exactly which town was Villalba or Jayuya; located up into the central mountains, less than one murder per year. But far from the type of "night life" you seems to look.

Gringarican
I just read the newspaper that said that there have been over 44 murders this year alone which has already passed the record of 2008 complete year. I live in Utuado which is a very small sleepy mountain town near Jayuya ( in the central mountains area). There is not much of a night life but you can always go to San Juan to get that (1.5 hours drive away). Great night life and low crime don't go hand in hand anywhere.
Good luck

jduchart55
Fajardo or Luquillo area. I found every where on the island safe.
Ponce was nice and San Juan. Just use common sense like
any where else.

yeli emogirl
TRY ON CABO ROJO AND DORADO BOTH ARE GREAT CITY. I HAVE HOUSES IN BOTH AND ARE GREATS.

MsBeautiful
GUAYAMA....is a small town but deff not SAN JUAN....

Mr. Vitamin C
Right in the sea.

kirk b
On the west coast - the other cities are super dodgy

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel