TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Cruise Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

Are there any boats to Europe from the United States?

That are NOT cruises?

And if not, can you book a cruise and just not get back on the boat once in Europe? I want to visit London/France/Spain but I hate flying. Can I book a cruise there and a separate cruise back? THANKS!!

Check our article section Travel Tips
A Dollar Saved Is A Dollar Earned
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

TINKERTOY ..... the 1 & only
Yes you can book cruises both ways. If you want a cruise ship to Europe from the US you should contact Cunard Cruise line as they have cruises leaving from NY City just about every 2 weeks; and return trips from England about every two weeks also.

Then if you want another type "boat" travel you may want to look at a freighter cruise. If you want a freighter, here are some links to get you started.

there are also transitioning cruises once or twice a year that do exactly that. talk to a good travel agent.. they can help you.

i used to have neighbors who didn't liek flying and they would take a boat to england every couple of years. they would leave out of NYC port and i think the trip to just get to europe was 3 weeks. personally-take a sedative and get on the plane and face your fears!

Time travler
First you said a boat that is not a cruise then you asked about a cruise to Europe, so I'm not sure what you want, but several cruise ships leave from mostly NYC to England as a one way cruise. Check out Princess and Cunard cruise lines for info. Also I know you can get on a frieghter but have no info on that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations