TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Cruise Travel
Travel Discussion Forum

can you bring food and drinks onto a carnival cruise?

is it possible to bring a 24 pack water bottle case onto the ship?

Check our article section Travel Tips
10 Mistakes First-Time Cruisers Make
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

TINKERTOY ..... the 1 & only
the short and correct answer is YES!! You can bring whatever snacks you like and don't want to miss in your carry-on bag or your checked luggage. About any food would be OK except for maybe fruit. I always take my favorite snack, nut, on cruises because they rarely have them on the ships.

Yes you can bring bottled water but you may want to split up that 24 pack into 4 six packs per bag or carry on. I regularly take a 6-pack of 16 oz bottled water and a 6-pack of 16 oz soft drinks in my carry-on bag. Just put it right on the belt when you go through security. Also, you can buy water and/or soft drinks at a port stop and bring it back to your cabin; did that also.

NO!! you cannot bring alcoholic beverages onto the ship, EXCEPT that each person age 21 or older can bring one bottle of wine on-board for the cabin. Here's Carnival's policy concerning all of this: "
Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However for purposes of housing small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12? x 12? x 12? for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be confiscated at the gangway, stored on board and retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. "

? Puggle Person ?
You can't bring whatever you want lol but I am pretty sure you can bring water. You don't need to bring your own food because they have so much food you can can even let them know ahead of time if you have eating restrictions... You can always call them and ask them, they are very accommodating!!!! They will even bring you water to your room!!!!!!

Yes you are allowed, my parents put beer in their suitcase, they will never no and it doesn't show up in the detectors. If you don't bring water they make you pay by the bottle! So stupid!

This is Snake
Im not sure about the water, but I know you cant bring any food on the ship. My cousing had an orange in her backpack and they wouldnt let her pass until it was thrown away. Theres already a crap load of food on the ship anyway, seafood buffets, breakfast bars, a number of restaurants and casual dining areas with great food. (and room service).

I just returned from a Carnival Cruise and the carnival website said that you could bring one small "personal size" cooler on board. Honestly, not one time on board did I want for anything to eat that wasn't available to me at all times. As far as drinks, we bought soft drink cards on the ship, and the water, tea and lemonade were free and available all the time. The only time I might have used a bottle of water was in port, but they would not have stayed cold.

One last thing, the water on our ship was clean and clear. Also, we went to mexico and only drank bottled water and soda and it was very very cheap! Hope this helps.

Rene B
Drinking water is always available in the ship. I don't see the need for bringing them on board. Maybe you can just bring a bottle and just refill it in the fountains as needed, if you really need to bring your own water.

No need to bring food - you can something to eat 24/7.

Drinks - you can bring water [but why? The water on the ship is just fine - just bring an empty bottle to put some in to carry around and on your excursions.] You can bring one bottle of wine per person > 21; no alcohol. The Carnival website will give you details.

OF COURSE!! bring whatever you want as long as it fits in the suitcase.

Tyler P
hmm... maybe, because they have drinks there already. The drinks are expensive, but i don't see why you wouldn't be allowed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations