TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    France
Travel Discussion Forum

RedNeckerson

What does jena sa qua mean? I know it's french?

and I suspect it means something like a little extra or something like that from the context it is used in. but would someone fluent in french give me the literal translation? Thanks

Check our article section Travel Tips
Courchevel: Paradise for Snow Fiends
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

oghma2006
Je ne sais quoi means, "I don't know what," in other words, "that little something you can't quite put your finger on."

Rillifane
That's actually " Je ne sais quoi" and literally means in English "I do not know what"

It can be used to signify that something possesses an indefinable quality.

Laughing Annabella
"Je ne sais quoi" means "I don't know what". We use it when we want to describe something that we cannot define. It is the undefinable part that cannot be described. The French philosopher Vladimir Jankélévitch even wrote a book about the "je ne sais quoi".

ChocoBN
Je ne sais quoi = I don't know what (literally)

It refers to characteristics that are hard to define. For instance if a lady appeals to you because of her indefinable charm, you can say she has that "je ne sais quoi" about her that appeals to you but you wouldn't know how to explain what it is exactly that you like about her.

?HEARTS 808? TROPICAL BABE?
~~You're on the right track...Je ne c'est pas..means "I don't know" so Je ne c'est quoi(sp) means a certain "Oh I don't Know WHAT" like you can't quite put your finger on that something Special someone Possesses

jenastrab4*s
heh,heh...."I don't know"

TORI S
"i do not know what"

qriste
it's one of the things like "touché" that English speaking people say, but that we never use (at least me).

dr cinoque
je ne sais quoi mean I do not know what (is better )

been there done that
Bonjour
je ne sais quoi means I know nothing. literally I know of nothing.

au revoir

Nerdy MILF
Voulez-vous choucher avec moi? C'est soi?

I hate the report abuse function
DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK AND STOP MOOCHING OFF OF OTHER USERS. YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE YA IF YOUR JUST GOIN TO BE AN ******!!!!!! JUST GO INTO A HOLE AND DIE, AND NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AGIAN OR I WILL YELL AT YOU JUST AS I AM DOIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... AND NEVER CYBER YELL AT ME AGIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel