TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Ireland
Travel Discussion Forum

Snatch

Do the locals in ireland really pee on the blarney stone?

Additional Details
the reason I asked is b/c I was telling a co-worker of mine that I had kissed it and he asked me about the peeing thing..I'd heard the rumour before but never really believed it...thought I'd ask people that actually live over there!!!

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel App of the Week: Flight +
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

finnykid
Hate to rain on ppls parade but i live very close to the stone and have to admit that it has been peed on a fair few times. Though security is a bit tighter there now.

Irish_bi_female
Yes, some local youths over the years have done it. Kinda like a sick joke, they would find it amusing that tourists would be kissing it the next day.

nelldonell
Unfortunately, I'd say a few messers have peed on it for the laugh yeh....a sick little joke to play on the tourists...

Hi y´all !
No, they bend over backward to kiss it. Supposedly that will give them the "gift of gab", as if Irishmen need that.

RikiD
not only the locals, been there done that

daybuydaysheit
No, butt I hear people catch cold sores, i.e., Herpes Simplex virus from kissing that stone.

brogdenuk
No, that would be sacrosant.

xxxamgxxx
no !!! they kiss it :p

gmoney3100
no

dukalink6000
Dude, I am NEVER going on a trip with you.

pete samui
oh come on you kiss the blarney stone not piss on it!!!!!

crystalwitchayer
No, the legend goes if you kiss (not Piss) the Blarney stone you will have the gift of gab.

-sexy lil rock chic-
No way we are not that crazy

Splatt
I doubt it. For a start, it is at the top of Blarney Castle, and considering that it is pretty much straight down, and not that near the top of the hole, I find it difficult to believe that any one could actually aim on to it. The castle is also closed at night, when the business day closes, and so there would not be any drunken youths up there peeing on it.

What you can do, if you want, is stand in a queue for 10 minutes and then lie down, hang backwards into a hole and kiss the Blarney Stone. It is meant to give you the "gift of the gab" - seems to have worked for me hehe :)

akio nakajima
they kiss it....lmfao...interesting thought

captmhunt
I don't really think so.!

The Blarney stone is set in the wall about 40 or so feet in the air and under an overhand on the side of Blarney castle. In order the just KISS the stone, you have to lay on your back, with someone holding your knees... then reach back, grab the handles and pully your head up to kiss the stone, which is upside down. I suppose a young guy COULD do it, but it would be dangerous at the very least.

Anyway, it's doubtful you could PEE on that but if you decide to try then I'd pay admission to see it.

Jasna
Hahaha I wouldn't be surprised :)

marishka
i asked an irish man and he said no

boxing_fan_4_wlad
They kiss it

Dr. L
What do you expect, they can't possible hold in all that liquor.

christmasluver101
No... where'd you hear that?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel