TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Mexico
Travel Discussion Forum

^_^

Answers ASAP!!! Can I get back into the USA from Mexico with an ID and Birth Certificate??

My friend wants to go to Mexico in about an hour (driving) and she says I can get back into the U.S. with an ID and a birth certificate. I'm pretty sure that's not true, but I want to make sure because I don't want to get stuck in Mexico.

So can I get back into the US from Mexico with just an ID and birth certificate? I also have a passport but it expired in the '90s lol!

Thanks.
Additional Details
Also, I've been reading up on it. It says: The Government of Mexico requires that all U.S. citizens present proof of citizenship and photo identification for entry into Mexico. While U.S. citizenship documents such as a certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate, a Naturalization Certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Citizenship are acceptable, the U.S. Embassy recommends traveling with a valid U.S. passport to avoid delays or misunderstandings.

http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/eng/eacs_entry_Mexico.html

Check our article section Travel Tips
Meet the European Capitals of Culture in 2013
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Invalid query3