TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Mexico
Travel Discussion Forum


Can a permanent us resident travel to Mexico and back without a passport?

If someone who was born in Mexico has their US permanent resident card can they travel to Mexico and back to the US without a Mexican passport? I've found several conflicting answers on this, does anyone know for sure? The biggest question is will they be re-admitted to the US with just their US permanent residency card and maybe a birth certificate?
Additional Details
Charlie thanks for you answer. This is actually for my wife, we just got her green card and we want to go to Cancun for a week. We have an appointment to get her Passport but the Mexican consulates are even slower to get you passports than the US. Her appointment is actually two weeks after we'd get back. Thanks again, I have been worried about this for a while.

Check our article section Travel Tips
South America - Paradise on Earth
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Invalid query3