TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    Mexico
Travel Discussion Forum

How can you go to Mexico if you don't have your passport?

A family member of mine passed away today in mexico, unfortunately i don't have my passport i was wondering is there any sort of permission i could get that would allow me to go to that side to be able to attend the funeral please...thank you.

Check our article section Travel Tips
Planning Travel in 10 Easy Steps
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

here is what I got off the Passport website.
1. I have a life or death emergency. What should I do?

Life or Death Emergencies involve serious illness, injury, or death in your immediate family that require you to travel within 24-48 hours to a country that requires a passport. Customers must appear in person at a passport agency for emergency service and documentation of the emergency may be requested.

Please call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY/TDD 1-888-874-7793) to schedule an appointment at the nearest Passport Agency. Our automated appointment system is accessible every day, 24 hours a day.

If an appointment that will meet your needs is not available and you are calling from 6:00 a.m. to 12 midnight, ET, Monday-Friday, except federal holidays, please stay on the line and follow instructions to speak to a Customer Service Representative (CSR). The CSR will give you guidance on what to do. CSRs are available on weekends for limited hours to assist customers traveling within 7 days.

If an appointment that will meet your needs is not available and you are calling on a federal holiday or during hours the CSRs are not available, please call 202-647-4000 and explain your situation to the operator.

Several years back, you did not need a passport. However since 9/11 you are now required to have a passport. No exceptions.
And as someone else previously mentioned, even if you did mange to slip through and get into Mexico, how do you plan to get back with no passport ?
Sorry about your loss. You might try to do a little research for yourself and see about paying extra to try to get an expedited passport.

10 Years Out & Proud!!!
Without any passport no, you can't like leave the US, even so how will you get back? I know it's hard but this is way all your personal documentation must be up to date specially if you're currently living or working abroad

You can't fly internationally without a passport - it's illegal due to international laws.

I believe to do it legally you need a passport.

umm you need a passport it is another country i am sorry for your loss but get a passport. you can actually go to this place (look it up) and you can get your passport in 3 hours
i hope this helps

Mike W
Jump the border, the border patrol would be to surprised to do anything

I don't think you need a passport there. Just be sure you have a direct flight and don't have to land where you need one in between.

From Canada you can go without a passport.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations