TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United Kingdom
Travel Discussion Forum

Cherry

British Passport, who can witness it?

I am renewing a British Passport but can't figure out who can witness it. I looked on the British High Commission website but couldn't seem to find a list. It said that a 'professional' person you have known for 2 years can, but no list. And what if you don't know a professional person? I am sure there are people out there who don't know a professional person for a 2 year period. And apparently a Justice of the Peace can't do it. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel Means Freedom
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Jon V
Directors and owners of legit businesses, Police or i think Banks can do it. The bank will help you out if you are unsure, they did mine

lozzielaws
Your doctor, solicitor, policeman, etc. Your best bet is your doctor. They will probably charge you for it, but its one professional person that most people know.

Geoff M
Usually doctors, lawyers, etc. Try your family doctor.

Alan A
Your Doctor is a good choice, as is your teacher/lecturer, or your childs teacher.

britsurfer1
Doctor, solicitor, policeman etc. Usually a doctor is a good choice because you usually have your GP for 2 years or more.

amsterdam
Your GP will do it, or you could go to the local Police Station and ask one of the officers to do it, or your child's teacher - or any teacher, lecturer, professor, barrister, solicitor (but they'll probably charge)

gina
doctors can do it. usually they supply a list of people with the renewal forms. depending on how old you are perhaps a teacher from your last school

k
Your doctor or someone from your Bank

SilverSongster
It basically means anyone with a career they had to go through a specific body to train for - i.e., a doctor, lawyer, teacher etc.

If you're still not sure, try this website, hosted by the Home Office:

http://www.passport.gov.uk/new_agency.asp

There's an advice line who should be able to help if your question isn't already answered therein.

SS

Daisy the cow
Try your GP, practice nurse or Health Visitor if you have known them for 2 years.

paj21
There should be a list of authorised people in with the passport application. Check that, rather than taking (possibly) wrong advice, and having your application returned.

lorraine x
your doctor , someone that works in the post office that you know ,teacher, headmistress at your kids school , nurse if you know one

vikki b
police officers .. they are a popular choice

efes_haze
Doctor, teacher, lawyer, civil servant, etc

D B
anyone with a degree who has known you for 2 years.

j034nn3
Doctors charge. I asked my manager.

lion of judah
anyone with a trade
bricklayer
electrician
lawyer
copper
etc...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel