TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United Kingdom
Travel Discussion Forum

Stuart

Do buses run on a sunday in the UK?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Wearing Green on St. Patrick's Day
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

bellatrix
yes they do

Ice Girl
yes they do - not as frequent as in the week tho, the only day they don't run is christmas day

magiclady2007
yes but the service is reduced in the are we live in

Mystic
Yes, they work Sunday timetables. Saturday timetables are reduced slightly from Mon-Fri service and Sunday reduced by about half.

brokenheart19
yeah but they run every hour and start later in the day (which means i have to walk 2 hours to work as buses start running 15 mins after i start work)

k
Yes they do, reduced service though. An even more reduced service runs in cities/towns on Bank Holidays.

NO service at all on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Tulip
yes but normally a reduced service

Alan A
They run in all areas of the united kingdom on a sunday normally there is a 30 minute waiting period for every bus.The metro also runs on a sunday but there is only a 15 minute waiting period between each metro.

Karen V
They run just as often and on time as they do during the week except that the driver will probably have a massive hang over and may not turn up..........so a bus that runs the same as it does during the week with a bus driver hung over in the UK means it has about as much chance of running as an overweight Kentucky Fried Chicken lover that has just found a "Family Bucket for Free" voucher on the floor 10 minutes from his local Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet when it is due to close in 11 minutes.

Very happily married.
Yes they do in most areas.

andrew g
yes they do but it is called sunday service ie there will be less busses than through the week , say if buses run every 15 min at peak times it may only be every half hour or even every hour that they will run hope this helps

firecat_mage
Buses run every day with 1 exception, Christmas Day.

There are weekday schedules, then there are Saturday schedules (timings are changed slightly for shoppers), then there are Sunday schedules.
For some reason the powers-that-be have decreed that Sundays need a much reduced Bus service running.

Your local Bus-stops should have timetables attached.

Denise H
I live in London and our buses do run, but not as often as on a work day/saturday though.

not today thanks
of course they do but in some areas it is a reduced service

?
yep!!!
but not as often i dont think.

tattyhead65
The do in the Oxford area but only once an hour.

angler
Sure do.

smiff78
in kent they do

confused
yeah most of them do... we have different companies that run the bus services though so it depends what area you are interested in

Paul H
Absolutely!
We don't recognise it as a day of rest anymore, and we certainly don't allow the Churches to decide our movements and requirements on a Sunday.
In most areas, if not all, there will be a reduced service.
As for trains, there will be a reduced service plus the chance (Often with plenty of advance warning) that lines will be closed all day for Service/Repairs.

stitch
yeh down my area they do.

Keith S
depends on where you live!
in my village no they dont' but in the city close to me yes they do, most cities have buses runing 7 days a week, however the service is not as good.

Mike B
Nope on Sunday buses are made to walk slowly.

Sorry, irresistable, but yes buses do run on Sundays, some routes are slightly different.

The very nature of Sundays has changed over recent years since the relaxation of sunday trading laws, and the day is now very similar to a Saturday.

(((TuDuble))M@TT((OhSeven))
Yes, What part of the UK u from?

beavis b
Only when they have a leak.

Psycho
Yes, but @ an even slower rate than during the rest of the week!

LYNDA M
yes but they are only 1 very hour for whatever number you are waiting for.im in Glasgow if that helps.

jen t
THEY RUN EVERY HOUR

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel