TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United Kingdom
Travel Discussion Forum

D!@Nn@

How do you call a public "bathroom" in Ireland, England, Scotland, and Australia?

In the United States they're called "restrooms" and in Canada they're called "washrooms". How do you call them in Ireland, England, Scotland, and Australia??

Just curious... that's it! Thanks! ;)

Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

carina
in the UK - signs usually say toilets, on the door either ladies or gents or disabled or baby change, when speaking we say the loo or toilet or occasionally (but rather twee) the little girls room or the little boys room, WC (short for water closet)

nice guy
Toilet, WC (short for water closet but full term never used), or just "Ladies" and "Gents". A bathroom has a bath in it, a restroom a bed!

scotland_rockers
ireland, scotland, england - toilets (somtimes marked as WC)

Laurennie.
for a public toilet, i just call them "toilets"

sarch_uk
They can also be called the privy, bog or the khazi. Friends of ours have a sign on their loo door that says "necessarium", which is a privy in an ancient castle.

Lisa
I call it a public toilet. There isn't just one name for it though. Some people just call it a toilet, loo, bathroom etc.

Ell D
I would say the Toilet, The Loo or the Bathroom

Kenley
Water Closet or labeled WC. I've heard the word loo used as well.

Kimmie :D
Formal-Toilet
Informal-Loo
x

Riggahgoo
I'm from Scotland and I say "i'm going to to toilet" But in England it's more commonly referred to as the loo.

Mrs T
I call them toilets.

DON'T VOTE BNP
we call them toilets

abi (:
in england they are called toilets :)

travelmaster
i belive its W.C (for water closet or the "Loo"

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel