TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United States
Travel Discussion Forum

timtaylor1986

Can you carry alcohol on a plane? I am going to Vegas and would liek to take some booze, can I on the plane?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Meet the European Capitals of Culture in 2013
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

nas88caror 300 09? way to go BK!
your only allowed 4oz of liquid you can bring onto the plane..sorry

nitewolf
You can carry alcohol in your checked luggage only, not on the plane. Some airlines offer alcoholic drinks for a price. If you really need a drink, carry some spare cash on you and buy it when they serve drinks. Also, there are limits on how many bottles you can carry in your luggage. Check out the website below.

shoredude2
You have to carry liquids in bottles of less than 3 oz. and they have to be in a quart size zipper bag.

If you have to worry about the small bottles, just buy it on the plane. Or better yet, go for first class where they just keep bringing it.

slickRick S
I wouldn't try it, first you have the no liquid law post 911, once i had a bottle of cuevo gold and the flight attendant saw me and told me I was violating federal law. She took the bottle and gave me a drink instead. Talk about scared sober.

TARDIS_Junkie
Check with the airline. I believe you can carry alcohol in your checked baggage, but not in your carry-on luggage. Your particular airline should have the information available on their website; if not, try checking with the FAA at theirs.

thejenns22
It has to be less than 3 oz per bottle. make sure if you buy those little bottles that you have them in a plastic zip lock baggie so the people at the security gate dont hassle you and make you throw them away. its definitely less expensive than buying booze on the plane.

mmuscs
Only in your checked luggage.

justhere
NO......... but they do sell them on the plane and at the airport. And of course, when you get there........they're everywhere.

paul s
Why would you want to take a chance, wait till you get to Vegas, you can drink and drink all you want when you get there. Also, vegas has an open container law you can drink while your walking down the strip.

Michael M
It will be confiscated by the TSA. Sorry.

calibeauty2die4
I went to Vegas for the NBA allstar game and we flew and we took a gallon of vodka in our luggage but I dont know if you can carry it on.

juniejuly
Bringing your own booze is illegal.

Smiley
You can't bring any liquid on the plane that isn't purchased beyond the check point. Anything else would have to be in your checked luggage

zippythejessi
Only in checked baggage. Otherwise, it falls under that "no liquids over 3oz" in carryon rule. But, most flights offer drink service - you're gonna pay for liquor, but it's cheaper than bail. (They do cut you off after a couple though.)

BTW - don't get smashed at the airport bar before boarding call - they can refuse to let you on the plane if you're obviously intoxicated or beligerent.

Tommy
Forget it......why would you want to ?

Jessa
yea why not?

hazel2253
Booze is cheap in Vegas. You can go to any large grocery store off of the Strip, and get good deals,

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel