TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United States
Travel Discussion Forum

Jim

Does it ever get cold in Hawaii?

Check our article section Travel Tips
7 Air Travel Tips
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

?HEARTS 808? TROPICAL BABE?
As Aloha Girl said...Cold is a relative term...what is cold to you may not be cold to someone else. I have been to parts of Hawaii that have been cold to me (I'm from California) Last May I visited a Friend on the Big Island, he lives in Kamuela which is a Mountainous Area in Hawaii. It was Chilly..especially in the mornings and toward evening (Sweatshirts and Jeans weather)...since he is a Design Engineer at the VERY TOP of Mauna Kea at the Keck Observatory (14,0000 feet) we made a trip to the TOP...it was COLD...Heavy Jacket COLD...then we headed back down the Mountain into KONA...it was Shorts and Tank-Top weather there...so Yes the weather can go from Cold to Beach Weather all within a couple of hours drive in Hawaii.

aloha.girl59
"Cold" is a relative term. It only gets cold enough to snow at the top of the highest mountains in the state: Haleakala on Maui and Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawaii. Most of us who live in Hawaii put on sweatshirts if the temperature dips below 70. To us, that's cold. To people in Minnesota, that's skinny dipping weather! :)

Lala.
on the mountains, yes. but otherwise, not really. at night it gets to about.. high 60's, but that's about as cool as it gets.
but it DOES rain alot.

ms bell
All depends on your location. Most places are warm, but there are spots that get snow. Mainly on top of 3 volcanoes. But snow can get down to levels of 3,000 to 4,000 feet. Check out this link:
http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/ASK/hawaii-snow.html

Answer Man
it may get into the 60's occasionally, but thats about it.

Silly-Me
Not very often. Rumor has it that it does snow in one of the islands.

boomer gal
Usually at least once each winter, the temperature dips into the high 60's during the day & the high 50's at night. The local news channels will show the locals bundled up in sweaters & even ski parkas & then show the tourists lying out on the beach at Waikiki, It's good for a giggle.

myspace.com/mina74
The coldest that my car registered on Oahu was 59 degrees. It does get into the 30s on the tops of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, on the Big Island.

??s. v????????
only on the mountains it gets cold but otherwise all the other parts of hawaii are very warm

mizzkittyzcharm
yes

Peace ???
Usually only during the Winter,but for some reason,this year,it hasn't been cold lately right now.Weird :/

oh no you di'int
yes it does, the locals are the coldest people you will ever encounter. try dakine going to north shore and ask any moke or titas for directions,,,, you will feel the temperature drop right before your eyes. theres more HA! than aloha in hawaii!

Don S
Only during elections.

Sarah
LMAO..THAT WAS DUMB ?...WELL I GUESS YOUR GET A DUMB ANWER KNOW....NO....

chrisff3
Yes hawaii can get into the low 50s at night or low 60s during the day. usually it will only go into the 50s about 5 times in the winter on a cold year though, and 60s can last from nov to april on half the days if your on north shore in kahuku where i am. the wind and rain definately make it feel colder too. it feels like early spring in the northeast of the mainland in states like massachusetts. i saw it hit 54 degrees here from weatherunderground.com from the nearest measuring station i used. Hope this helps. I am planning a guam move because i dont like the cold but needed to stop in hawaii and wait for housing to come up on guam first.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel