TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United States
Travel Discussion Forum

American Idol Addict.

What are the pros and cons of living in Wisconsin?

I live in Arkansas now and I know that is a BIG change but I am going there for college in about 2 years and I want to stay there since I like the cold so what are the pros and cons of living here? oh and I will be in Millwaukee.
Additional Details
Yes I am going to UWM and I probaly will be staying on campus havent made up my mind yet.

Check our article section Travel Tips
Travel Means Freedom
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Joe Rockhead
Pros: the cheese!

Cons: the cheese!

Grace F
I live in Wisconsin, and it's great. University of Wisconsin is one of the best in the US, too.

quatrapiller
Con - cold
Pro - Green Bay Packers

J D
its freezing cold and the laws are strict but the people are nice especially in madison and they have alot of open minded and liberal people....many cute girls too !!!!

Poe
great city
full of art and music
the winters aren't actually that bad when you have the right coat :)
summers are wonderful and comfortable
fall is beautiful, especially in the suburbs and Whitefish Bay
milwaukee symphony is amazing
soccer team is great
stunning art museum

just keep out of the bad neighborhoods and you'll be happy

are you going to UWM?

The Runner
The only con I know is that Milwaukee has some bad parts of town that are not safe.
There are lots of pros of living in Wisconsin. First of all, there are lots of things to do in Milwaukee. There are lots of theaters like Turner Hall that have awesome shows. Also there are some really cool museums like Discovery World. Milwaukee also has the Brewers and Bucks and they are really fun to go to. There is also Summer Fest and cultural fests like Germen fest and Polish Fest that are really big events in Milwaukee- be sure to go to them! The people are really nice too- everyone is willing to hold a door up for you. The weather is really pretty during most of the seasons and gives you a nice contrast.

Also since you like the cold, every year me and my family jump in Lake Michigan on the first of the year during the Polar Bear Plunge. This is a HUGE event that lots of people attend. Once you do this you can call yourself a true Wisconsinite.

Hope you enjoy your new life!

Badger Mania
Pros
Good sports
rich
pretty
long summers
great food

Cons
cold winters
high taxes
high gas prices

Brian
i've heard they have cable and cell phones!

shygrl33
I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life. The winters are cold and the summers are hot and humid. If you like the winter there is a lot of skiing, ice fishing etc. Spring and fall are nice. There is a lot to do around the Millwaukee area. I've heard it's not one of the safest places to live, but I'm sure there are worse places. Madison is a great party town. Halloween there is crazy!!!! People think Wisconsin is all about cheese, beer (we know how to party...that's for sure), brats, farming and deer hunting. There is some really fun stuff to do here. There are some really beautiful places. Just depends what you like to do.

turquoiseturtle
I live in Madison, Wisconsin and it's great. I have to say, I don't really like Milwaukee too much, but it's ok.

Pros: Beer, Cheese, Football, Brats, Packers, Lake Michigan, 4 seasons

Cons: Some violence in Milwaukee, cold winters (it's -7 degrees farenheight right now)

divochka79
If your going to live by the school UW-Milwaukee, its down town. Make sure you have pepper spray or a knife or something.

Not that long ago it was surveyed that Milwaukee is the number one most dangerous city in the United States.

Other cons might be winter weather, be careful and never leave your place when its bad out cause people drive like wack jobs in Milwaukee.

You may want to transfer to Madison if your grades are good. Madison is a nicer city. Granted it also has crimes in Madison, but its more inviting.

Aardvark
Pros: Quiet town
Packers

Cons: Boring
Hardly any ladies

imahippieguy
PROS : MMMMM CHEESE!

CON: It is part of the United States and that always sucks!

bryang702
pro: PACKERS

con: 2 cold

dimples (loves llcoolj)
I REALLY DONT KNOW ! I WISH I CAN HELP YOU BUT ONE THING I KNOW I LIVE IN BROOKLYN, NEW YOURK. I CAN TELL YOU WHAT'S THO PRO AND CONS THERE. LOL

G.O.A.T.
Hi there... I grew up in Milwaukee and have lived in Wisconsin all my life. The problem is that I really haven't been anywhere else to compare it to.

I can tell you that Milwaukee is considered a "dirty" city, even though the schools there are pretty good. If you're looking for a city to live in your best bets would be Madison or Appleton in my opinion.... but both are far from Milwaukee.

If you have specific questions about Wisconsin just e-mail me.

knitgirl
Pros-honest sometimes blunt people. Johnsonville Brats, Beer, Summerfest! Some of the best winter drivers around. (Surprised? I know but according to accident reports we do drive well except for Madison ;) Healthcare Research

Cons-Wicked cold, the deer can kill you if you hit them. No Conceal and Carry allowed. 6 months of winter/6 months of contruction. Gien, Dahmer, Spanbauer. We talk a little funny when you head up nort der hey and go to da ba for beer and brat afta stoppin by da der Piggly Wiggly..

italienne
It's freezing in winter, but the lake is beautiful. It humid in the summer, but the lake is nice.

NellaRae
um...i live in wisconsin..not in milwaukee though...i was raised here...but its okay...i like it...but it seems like theres a lot of construction all the time....its basically its own season...lOl and thats good you like the cold...because its about 3 degrees right now

ThinkClearWater
air
pollution

Jacko
They have a bad football team...If i was you i would move to Boston where there is a real football team...The Patriots..

Steph139
I am from Wisconsin. I love everything but winter. We have harsh winters. Right now we have about 11 in. of snow on the ground and more to come!

Miles Edgeworth
you are from Arkansas this means you will be labels as "redneck" im sorry unless you excel academically
that was the con
PRO its a change of pace you will meet new people

Capt. Murphy
Pros:
Cheese
Bratwurst
Beer

Cons:
Wisconsin

Lexy
Horrid winters, higher cost of living, uglier women....I can't think of anything good about WI.

bob the worker
pros: none

con: serial killers

da_ace
PRO: CHEESE

CON: GREEN BAY PACKERS

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel