TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. News, articles, directories and dictionary on travel.
Travel Forum    United States
Travel Discussion Forum

neal h

how long does it take to drive accross the state of texas?

Check our article section Travel Tips
Discover Ohio
Post reply   New thread
Show all answers

Blunt Honesty
From Waskom, TX (near LA) to El Paso, TX about 12 hours.

maxjay
2 and a half days

Sherlin B
a very looong time i drove in from florida to close to el paso 8-12 depeding on if you drive day or night if you go thru san antonio trafic dallas traffic stay away from big cities it will take a very long day it is a BIG state you dont relize until you drive it

*flippinsweet!*
hmmm... u going north-south or east-west?... either way its long...

Bill B
Very long.

Social Butterfly Girl!!!
go for it and c for ur self

jjthinstrips
I believe you can do it in one day, depending on your stamina...Remember to rest often, and drive careful...

Mr. Peachy®
Better part of a day. Almost as long as it takes to drive the length of California from Mexico to Oregon. Not quite as long as it takes to drive across Alaska. Much longer than Rhode Island. Anything else?

'nuff said?

Z Town Mom
How fast are you planning to go?

Seriously, go to the Automobile Association website. They can help you plan a trip by car.

Ranelle Jerome
East to west - 12 to 14 hours, depending on stops. In other words, all freakin day.

jymsis
Forever and two weeks.

whisperthyme
About twelve hours. But you could go to mapquest and put in two points, destination and departure. They could give you an estimate also.

aloneinga
I think it takes about 8 hours. I know from Dallas, it takes almost 6 hours to drive to Amarillo.

jimvalentinojr
N to S about 17 hours.

E to W about 11.5 hours.

(Averaging about 7 mph over the limit.)

♥!100% OBBSESED W/ MILEY CYRUS!♥
about 9-10 hours from top to bottom

norwood
depending on what time you start...you should know by the time you get to the other side.

foofoo19472
Which way?

The longest distance across the state is 801 miles. (from Brownsville to the far corner of the panhandle) At 60 mph, it would take 13 hours to go that distance.

Depending on where you are going, and how fast you can drive, it might take more or less time.

Angela D
I live on the LA border Southeast Texas and it takes 8 hrs to go straight across going around 65/70 miles per hour. Texas is LONG

leeleebear2529
DEPENDS ON YOUR SPEED LIMITS THERE AND FACTORING IN TRAFFIC.

chrisgintexas
8 hours, that's funny, it depends on what way you're crossing, but from the eastern border to El Paso takes just as long as going from El Paso to the Pacific Ocean, if that tells you anything about how big it is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

submit

TravelExpertGuide - The travel guide you can trust. Travel articles, news and directories
TravelExpertGuide Facebook Page TravelExpertGuide Twitter Page TravelExpertGuide Google+ Page
Terms of Service   |  Privacy Policy
Partner Links  |  Contact Us

© 2013 TravelExpertGuide
CATEGORIES   TRAVEL TOPICS 
 ARTICLES Hot in Travel 
 NEWS Europe 
 DICTIONARY Family Vacations 
 DIRECTORIES Air Travel